bisexual top and hiv
Jun 28, 2006
i have just been tested positive for hiv. my concern is that i have a bisexual sex partner that only tops. i have disclosed my status and he still want to have unprotected anal sex, whats his risk of contracting hiv as a total top? should i insist on behalf of his saftey? confused here and need advice. some of my friends tell me that theres no risk of him catching hiv but other std's are still a high risk as a top ? can i get some srt8 answers form an expert?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Everyone wants straight answers from the gay expert. OK, here you are:
1. The estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive (top) anal sex with an HIV-poz bottom is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures.
2. Should you insist on condoms for his safety? Yes. But of equal importance, you should insist on condoms for your safety. If your bisexual top guy barebacks with you, chances are he also does so with others. That means he has considerable exposure not only to HIV, but to a host of other STDs, any of which he could pass on to you.
Be safe, even if Mr. Total Top is not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hiv Show Up On A Blood Sugar Test?
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
- Should A Person With Hepatitis C Be Working With Food?
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- Does Acute Hiv Infection Cause Joint Pain?
- Betadine Microbicide
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.