Fear of HIV

I have been reading this site for years. I just wanted to state that the fear of HIV can be one of the worst things in the world and can rob you of years of happiness.

I have always been afraid of the disease but was tested years back and was negative. Then I had unprotected vaginal sex with my girlfriend (not a high risk group but had been with people in the past unprotected). About 2-3 weeks later I developed a 104 fever and was almost hospitalized. This was not an imaginary symptom, I has very very ill for about a week. For the next 3 years I was always wondering in the back of my mind if I could have HIV. I never came front and center with her and should have.

Since then we have gotten married (I never though we had HIV but would never thought for sure we didnt), she is a great person. And about 9 weeks ago we got pregnant. So what pops into my head but HIV. I was terrified for a week. Everything was going great in life and it could be ruined an second.

Well all came back fine. (since this was the only person I have been with since my negative test I know all is well). I really want to spread the word on getting tested. Not being tested did not "ruin" my life, but gave me years I wondering whether it could be ruined. Now i look forward to little league games with my son or dance shows with my daughter for years to come. My point is . GET TESTED. Odds are very much in your favor and you shouldnt waste time on negativity and generally unrealistic thoughts. Thanks for spreading my thoughts, if it relieves one person I am ecstatic.

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and your newfound insights!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! Also congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family. I do have to point out one thing, however: never rule out the possibility you might be attending Little League games with your daughter and dance shows with your son!

Stay well!

semen through clothing
Liberal Military Officer Going to Mid. East