PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

First off, I think youre fabulous.

Approximately 9 years ago I gave unprotected oral sex to a guy (heterosexual, non IV drug user) of unknown HIV status, only one time. We also had protected (with a condom) vaginal sex one time. Weve remained friends and hes now married with a 3 year old child. 9 months after this episode I gave blood at a local blood drive (please note that I answered all screening questions honestly, and hadnt considered myself at risk.) The reason this comes up now, is because a few months ago this guy came down with Bells Palsy. So I went online researching Bells Palsy and kept finding HIV on all the websites. Then I was remembering that this same guy had some minor prostate troubles recently, as well as a cold sore on his lip 6 months or so ago. So all of this had me all freaked outso I called the blood bank to confirm that 8 years ago my blood was goodwhich they confirmed that I am OK to donate again in the future, that their was nothing wrong with my blood tests.

Do you think I can truly trust the blood banks results? I mean, what are the odds that they made a mistake? Do you think I need to re-test? Should I be concerned? Can I just move on from all of this?

Im now married and going through all this anxiety and am so scarred that I would have compromised my husbands health. I havent said anything to my husband, but Im sure he thinks something is up because ever since all of this, I havent let him touch me with a 10 foot pole for fear of hurting him.

PLEASE, PLEASE RESPOND TO ME!!!! Im begging you. Please provide me with your organizations web information so that I can donate to the cause. May God bless you and the wonderful work you do.

I'll be brief, as your fears are completely unwarranted.

1. Can you truly trust the blood bank's results? Yes.

2. Do you need to retest? No.

3. Should you be concerned? Absolutely not.

4. Should you just move on? Absofrickinlutely yes!

You are HIV negative. Your problem is anxiety, not HIV. Although there is no medical justification for you to repeat your HIV test, considering your level of anxiety, perhaps a repeat rapid test, which gives results in 20 minutes, would be the most efficient and effective means of putting your unwarranted fears permanently to rest. Psychological counseling may also prove worthwhile if you find you are having difficultly "moving on," despite incontrovertible evidence you should do just that!

As for your friend's Bells palsy, please note the vast majority of cases of Bell's palsy have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Finally, you report you haven't let your husband touch you with a 10-foot pole. Is his pole really 10 feet long??? Hmmm . . . aren't you the lucky girl?!?

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed well!)

please accept donation
Penis Size Worry