question about HIV and bent penis
Jun 27, 2006
Dear Doctor, I think you are a wonderful person and I may donate to your foundation if I can find out how. You have answered one of my questions before and relieved some stress. I have a few minor questions that may help me a little. I recently (within a month) have noticed my penis is bent a little to the side. A few questions please...
1. Is it normal to have a slightly bent penis...is it harmful?
2. Can masturbating cause the bent penis or does it just happen?
3. Although I used a condom and I am not worried about this particular situation too much, does it increase your chances of contracting HIV or AIDS if you have a bent penis?
Thank you doctor...please answer.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'll be brief:
1. "Normal" would be straight. "Slightly bent" is extremely common and not at all harmful.
2. If masturbating caused a penis to bend, I would be Captain Hook rather than Dr. Bob.
3. A slight bend will not affect sexual function. A severe bend (Peyronie's disease) can cause discomfort. Bends, be they slight curves or severe kinks, do not affect HIV risk.
Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.