|please for the love of god answer me
Jun 26, 2006
Dear Dr Bob, I am alone, with no one to talk and feeling how my reason is slipping away from me; please, please help me to know the truth! I need desperate to hear from you if you think I am infected or not: I have had multiple exposures with a man that has just been tested HIV+; I have just been tested, and told that I am negative, but the test is not conclusive since I am in the window period. I have discovered much to my horror that I have a sore throat and little bumps on my tongue, a white coat on it, as well as some vaginal candidosis. Am I infected for sure? I know that this question has been asked for so many times, but I need desperately to know in your opinion what are your chances - thank you very much for your work and patience with tourmented souls, like we are... I will send the donnation, can I please, implore you to send my your good luck karma? God bless you, and all who are in dear need, like myself.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Are you infected for sure? No. In fact, your negative test, even though not conclusive, is certainly encouraging.
Symptoms, no matter what they are, are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV infection.
Try to remain focused on the facts:
1. You have had "multiple exposures" to a man who has recently tested HIV+. If your exposures were unprotected sex, you do have some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV.
2. HIV testing should be done at the three-month mark, and if you've had significant exposure (unprotected sex) with a partner confirmed to be HIV+, the CDC recommends one additional follow-up test at six months to confirm your negative status.
Is it possible you are still HIV negative? Yes, absolutely. But only testing can confirm that. Read through the testimonials in the archives. There you will find many stories similar to yours. And, I shall hasten to add, many of them have very happy endings.
Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma. Laila, I know suffering through the uncertainty of the window period can be very challenging. Hopefully your friends and family will help support you through this period. Counseling to help cope with stress may also be beneficial.
One way or the other, Laila, please know I'm here to help anytime you need me. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fever An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.