Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

plz god help me
Jun 23, 2006

hello dr,how should i thank u?believe me i dont have sufficient words to describe u.i would rather say like u r a the god online.dr i m very young girl from ghana .like 6 months ago i made a stupid mistake.now i am really having very hard time.i think i got this hiv from that stupid mistake.i have tested for this at 6 weeks 3 months and 5.5 moths.all those eia was neg.but these days ifeel so tired and and my feets are vey tired that i some time cant even walk.i think this because of hiv.doctor i always think i have hiv.i cant talk about it with anyone and i have no one to talk about.these days i m having mentel problem.what should i do?should i retest again?is only eia test at 5.5 month is enoug test to rule out hiv or what kinds of other tests i have to do?can u plz help me.i will send some donation to ur fund so that u could answer all those worried person like me.dr i am really waiting for ur answer because the only person i can talk about my pro is u.u r not only mine but ours,so its my rights to talk to u. love u and wish u all the best.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Very Young Girl from Ghana,

Your fears are completely unfounded and unwarranted. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

Despite any "stupid mistakes," your negative EIA test at 5.5 months is definitive and absolutely conclusive. You are HIV negative.

Your symptoms (tired feet, etc.) are not consistent with or worrisome for HIV disease.

I agree you are having mental problems and those are the very real problems that you need help with. Counseling to help you confront and cope with your irrational fears and to accept the wonderful news that you are indeed HIV negative is what you need, not more HIV tests. I do hope you will seek out and get the treatment you need for your anxiety, rather than continue to chase after an illness you could not possibly have.

Good luck. Stay well. (You are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

P.S. Go Black Stars!!

Previous
appendicitis
Next
Body Aches For A Month

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.