Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you Dr.Frascino
Jun 20, 2006

Dr. Frascino, I am an individual that was "exposed" to HIV through lap dancing and handshaking. From the forums, I realize that one cannot aquire it from either situation. Most of the forums (lap dancing activities) I read were answered by you. Although, I was uncomfortable with your humor in these situations, I noticed that for the "very very worried," you were plain serious. And you answered all types of scenarios. Anyway, you understand what I mean. The point is that I got my questions answered by you even if indirectly. And you really put my mind at ease (I'm negative). I thank you so much Dr. Frascino. Despite whatever conditions surround one--such as having AIDS--(from your bio)--you STILL helped others and showed your patience. THAT is what makes a hero. Most people--especially me--can only wish they had that much strength. I am pre-med and I worried about the risk of needle stick injury. I know that it can always happen. However, even with my HIV paranoia, I reached a point in my life in which I'm willing to continue--because one has to face their fears. I guess it's not how long one lives but what one does with the life he/she has that counts. You are a true hero to me and made atleast one more person more determined to "fight the fight."

Thank you, Paranoid

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Paranoid,

Welcome back to the forum. Congratulations and WOO-HOO on dodging the HIV bullet. (Although, in reality, with shake-your-booty lap dancing and handshaking as your only risk factors, HIV didn't even have you in its crosshairs.)

Thanks for your very kind comments. I'm glad you realized that, despite my at times irreverent and wise-assed comments, the information I want to impart is indeed contained directly or indirectly in each response.

I'm delighted you have decided to join the battle against the HIV pandemic! Welcome aboard!!!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV+ & Indian
Next
Wooooohoooooooo!!!!Thanks Doctor!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.