Thank you Dr.Frascino

Dr. Frascino, I am an individual that was "exposed" to HIV through lap dancing and handshaking. From the forums, I realize that one cannot aquire it from either situation. Most of the forums (lap dancing activities) I read were answered by you. Although, I was uncomfortable with your humor in these situations, I noticed that for the "very very worried," you were plain serious. And you answered all types of scenarios. Anyway, you understand what I mean. The point is that I got my questions answered by you even if indirectly. And you really put my mind at ease (I'm negative). I thank you so much Dr. Frascino. Despite whatever conditions surround one--such as having AIDS--(from your bio)--you STILL helped others and showed your patience. THAT is what makes a hero. Most people--especially me--can only wish they had that much strength. I am pre-med and I worried about the risk of needle stick injury. I know that it can always happen. However, even with my HIV paranoia, I reached a point in my life in which I'm willing to continue--because one has to face their fears. I guess it's not how long one lives but what one does with the life he/she has that counts. You are a true hero to me and made atleast one more person more determined to "fight the fight."

Thank you, Paranoid

Hello Paranoid,

Welcome back to the forum. Congratulations and WOO-HOO on dodging the HIV bullet. (Although, in reality, with shake-your-booty lap dancing and handshaking as your only risk factors, HIV didn't even have you in its crosshairs.)

Thanks for your very kind comments. I'm glad you realized that, despite my at times irreverent and wise-assed comments, the information I want to impart is indeed contained directly or indirectly in each response.

I'm delighted you have decided to join the battle against the HIV pandemic! Welcome aboard!!!

Stay well.

HIV+ & Indian
Wooooohoooooooo!!!!Thanks Doctor!