please answer me

Hi doc from Spain. First of all, I would like to donate and I would like to Knowing the way to do it from here. the question that is making me worried is the next one.

In 5 months, I am getting married. a Week ago, I had protected sex with a prostitute. First oral sex she did to me and afterwards with the same condon vaginal sex. We were making sex for a litlle while and afterwards I got nervous, anxious for doing that, especially I felt bad because what I was doing was very wrong. Then I left the room and I didnt examine the condom, although I was the one who removed it and didnt realize at first anything wrong with it (the condom). i LEFT THE ROOM inmediately and afterwards i started to think about what i had done. then i started to worry because i didnt chek if the condom wasr broken or not through filling it with water an so on. and now a iam worried for transmitting to my future wife.

I am thinking about doing a pcr qualitative in a few weeks and afterwards a elisa (three months after the exposure). I am also interested in doing another test 5 months later, just before getting married.

Doc, please, Do you think is it enough? I am very distresed. Than you very much.

Hello Spanish Guy,

When a condom breaks, it's usually very obvious. It tears dramatically, because it's stretched tightly over your Mr. Happy. Consequently, if it had broken, I'm quite confident you would have noticed when you took it off. Filling it with water is not at all necessary.

Regarding HIV testing, PCR testing is not recommended, due to the cost and risk of false-positive test results. I would recommend a single ELISA test at the three-month mark. That will give you a definitive result.

Finally, donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be made from Spain (or anywhere else), using any of a variety of means, including credit card, PayPal, money order, check and direct wire transfer. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your willingness to help others in need. In return, I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your conclusive three-month ELISA test will be negative. (I strongly suspect it will.) I also send you my very best wishes for your upcoming nuptials!

Be well. Stay well.

A worried man, asking the fourth time
Republican in SF / Stripper Question