need encouragement

hi dr bob,

my exposure was with a sex worker .... i wrote to you before about it .. i tried to penetrate her from the anus and the condom broke i pulled out almost immediatly (after 2seconds and not all the way in... i tested at 8 and 10.5 weeks NEG...

1) have you ever heard anyone testing neg at 10.5 weeks and then + at 12.

2) when the glands swell do they hurt.

3) will the use of antibiotics and pain killer and surgery (appendix)alter or delay seroconversion.

its now week16 and i still dont have the courage to test because the previous tests were done abroad . in this country its very difficult because its a very small community ... i have 2 choices take the risk and test here or travel next door and do this test ...

i have donated twice in the past i will again when i have extra $$$$$$... please doc how does my situation look .... i cant wait to hear from you....

thanks

I've addressed similar concerns many times in the past. (Check the archives!) So, I'll be brief:

1. Testing prior to three months is not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Consequently, what I've "ever heard" really doesn't matter. Certainly a negative 10.5-week test is very encouraging; it's not conclusive.

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

How does your situation look? I'd say very encouraging.

Thanks for your donations!

Good luck!

Sero discordance + risk
blood donation