Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob, Can I finally WOOOOO-HOOOOO
Jun 18, 2006

hello there Dr. bob.

I'll keep this short b/c I know that you are a very busy man. About 13 months ago i had unprotected sex with a female of unknown status. A couple weeks later had a rash and very mild sorethroat that lasted about 3 weeks. So I obviously self diagnosed myself with ars and turned into an emotional wreck. After the ars symptoms cleared up i began experiencing chronic muscle aches and pains which until this day still persist. Anyways here are the tests that I have had:

9 months post exposure i had 2 fda home access tests both negative. I still was convinced I had hiv so 13.5 months post exposure I had an EIA for hiv1&2 done which were both negative. Can I finally relax or should I continue with the testing.

Thank-you kpm

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello KPM,

Not only can you relax now, but you could have relaxed after a single three-month negative test. Now you have two negative Home Access tests and a negative EIA for HIV-1 and HIV-2 out to 13.5 months. Why in the world would you even consider additional testing??? What part of WOO-HOO don't you understand?

Stop testing. Start WOO-HOO-ing.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Medicare/Medicaid and availibility of treatment.
Next
Thanks

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.