Can Valtrex effect HIV antibody test
Jun 17, 2006
I am currently being tested for HIV. I have taken a heavy dose of Valtrex during April 2006 for 15 days. The intial dose was 2 grams for 10 days and 1 gram for 5 days. I subsequently found after a blood test that I didn't have herpes 1 or 2. Can this heavy medication affect my HIV test that I took in May 2006. I have been reading on the web that certain heavy doses of HAART treatment can lower antibody levels which may affect the HIV test. I am not sure if Valtrex would be considered a HAART.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.