Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I will always be with you
Jun 17, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob;

I learned that i am another worried well today with an anti HIV-1/2 test results negative after more than three months from an encounter with a thai sex worker unfortunately includes condom failure two times.

My fear and suspicion of three months started by writing hiv +symptoms and pressing enter at google.com. Then the phase started when i am finding the symptoms at my body that i read at the internet. Then it was hard to concentrate at my work or the other things, generally i started to sleep less. I was afraid a lot.

Then again while searching i discover thebody.com and your forum. Generally every day i wait for your answers and spends approximately two hours at thebody.com.

Your forum made me go through that three months. Besides, i learned a lot through that period and i was changed. I thought a lot about life, death and living the life at fullest.

Also i learned a lot about hiv & aids and people living with it. I am from turkey and generally we feel that it is a distant disease to us because of the dramatically low cases reported here. Generally people saw it as a fatal disease and be afraid and discriminate people who have it or makes jokes about hiv & aids.

It is very sad again to see the selfishness of man through this disease, man's apathy for millions of people at sub-saharan africa, india,... or other places from western civilized world.

Although i am negative, i will not forget this three month's experience. I will donate to your organization now and every year until there is a cure and i am earning money. Besides i will try the increase the awareness at points that i can do something.

Finally, you are a great man and you deserve every word of the compliments that was written to you at this forum. Besides; being a "LOST" maniac, i will be very happy to see you as a guest star at "LOST" making experiments for Dharma or Widmore Labs like you mentioned once.

Thanks and stay well.

Lucky

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Lucky,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your experience. I also greatly appreciate your kind comments and your donation to my foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

It's coincidental that you mention "Lost," as I'm heading to Hawaii next week, which is where "Lost" is filming. Maybe I'll try to hook up for lunch with Sawyer and Jack!

Stay well, Lucky!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Anxiety
Next
Dr. Bob, its yo momma!!! LOL

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.