|unprotected oral sex with ejaculation II
Jun 15, 2006
Hi Dr. Bob,
I've written to you in the past (i.e., May 18, 2006 is the date of my question/your response to my post) and have sent a donation as well. By the way...your response was quite quick...Thanks a million!!
Since my last post, I've experienced the following symptoms: white tongue (I'm not on antibiotics), red flat spot/blemish on the bottom tip of my tongue that turns white (appears & disappears), joint pain, chronic sinus inflammation/post nasal drip, tenderness near nose area/sinus passages, small fever blisters on upper lip (that appear on different locations on upper lip. There isn't any pain, discomfort, or erruption and they appear and disappear), chronic urethra discomfort (prostatitis) comes and goes since Jan 2006, change in taste, white spot on the left side of cheek (in mouth) that doesn't scrap off or wipe away (this appears and disappears at times), dark spots on inner lower lip and sides of mouth that appear & disappear, fullness in left ear (as though fluid is located in inner ear [i.e., swimmer's ear] but nothing comes out of the ear, chronic tingling sensations in feet & legs, and difficulty swallowing. During Memorial Day, I broke out in a rash on both ankles (flat red rash that didn't itch). This rash subsided/disappeared within a week.
Do the above symptoms look like ARS? Am I indeed a late seroconverter?
I've received a negative hiv screening for hiv 1 & 2 (Elisa antibody blood test) 13 weeks & 1 day after possible exposure (involving receiving oral sex with ejaculation from female with unknown hiv status). I will retest at the 6 month mark (which is in 3 weeks).
Have you ever seen someone who has tested negative after 3 months turn positive within 6 months (that fits my criteria)?
Your expertise is greatly appreciated and warranted!!!!
Please answer.......I will submit another donation!
Thank You So Much!!!!!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Welcome back to the forum.
I'll be brief:
1. Your HIV risk, unprotected insertive oral sex, carries an extremely minimal risk for HIV acquisition.
2. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV ARS, delayed seroconversion or HIV disease.
3. Your 13-week negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.
4. Have I ever seen someone with your "criteria" test negative at three months and then subsequently test positive within six months? Nope! And I'm quite sure I never will!
5. The option for you to retest at six months always remains open to you. The results will undoubtedly be negative.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, www.concertedeffort.org.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.