Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Three time in one night! resubmitted
Jun 14, 2006

Dr. Bob,

I am resubmitting this. I did not know that when i just click on your picture it automatically sends me to "anemia and fatigue". I am sorry about that I try to be careful. Anyway delete that message and here is this one. Thanks

Dr. Bob,

I wrote you one time before. I am a young guy in the bible belt who was trying to make his way in the new (and seemingly scary) gay world. Your advice was so helpful. I have read your forum religiously since then and it has helped me to not only learn about safe sex but I am starting to feel like I don't have to be ashamed of myself so much. I am hoping that this feeling grows to the point that I can be strong enough to come out and maybe show people that gay guys are normal everyday people too. I still am scared of HIV but I have tried hard to be safe to increase my confidence. I always ask partners their status before I do anything and practice safer sex. Anyway back to my story. I recently met a guy who is AWESOME and needless to say the next thing you know we had an all-night-long lovefest with a three-peat climax (I know crazy kids!). Nothing crazy just j/o, oral (he sucked me), frottage, and fingering (first for me). I felt like it was safe but I wondered if I had done what I should. My concern is that after the mutual j/o we both had cum on our hands. We wiped it off with a wet towel then dried our hands. We laid in bed for an hour chatting and then felt in the mood again. This time we did masturbation with fingering. This is the part I feel stupid about because I we did not wash our hands with soap before the fingering (spit as lube). I have had some anxiety over this the last several days. Did we put ourselves at great risk because we did not wash our hands thoroughly? I am sure after an hour our hands were dry but I keep imaging HIV like the Domino's Pizza Noid hiding under a fingernail or something. What if there was precum or something or he moved the towel we used with this hand and I didn't know? Would HIV live that long on those objects or on a finger? FYI, My partner says he is negative (though he has never been tested he bases this on the fact that he only does safer practices, don't worry I quizzed him extensively and it was safer sex.) I would be amiss if I did not admit that I have had a good share of stress over this. Should I be so worried? And does this mean I need to be tested and warn new people that I may be positive? Dr. Bob I know as I continue to explore my new world I will run into situations like this. It is such a great thing to know that we have good guides--great people like you. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

A three-peater!?!? BRAVO!

Regarding the Domino's Pizza Noid, remember that he was a villainous red-suited character that attempted to ruin Domino's pizzas but was always thwarted! So if HIV equals the Noid, all you have to do is practice safer sexual techniques to continue to thwart HIV's efforts to ruin you.

Your activities were perfectly safe (completely Noid-proof.). No ifs, ands or butts! OK, you used your butts a bit, but it was still very safe. Is testing warranted? Nope! I would suggest, however, you spend some time reviewing on this site, at related links and in the archives the extensive information related to how HIV is and is not transmitted. Once you really understand and accept this information, I believe your anxiety levels (largely due to irrational fears) pertaining to possible HIV transmission will further decrease. So get informed and then next time you get horned up, order a pizza and invite Mr. Three-peat over so you can enjoy each other's pepperonis.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Stupid act, Please help Dr. Frascino
Next
Hi and thanks (no question)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.