Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SHINGLES AND ARS....MY WIFE
Jun 14, 2006

DOC, GOT SCARED SHITLESS AGAIN - MY WIFE (30 yrs old)GOT DIAGNOSED YESTERDAY WITH SHINGLES AND NOW I'M NERVOUS THAT I MAY HAVE KILLED HER - SHE IS EVERYTHING...WE GOT MARRIED A YEAR AGO BUT BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED (6MOS EARLIER) I HAD ABOUT 5 MIN OF UNPROTECTED ORAL (RECEIVING)FROM A HIGH RISK INDIVIDUAL...MY WIFE AND I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX A FEW WEEKS AGO - COULD THE SHINGLES BE A SIGN OF ARS OR HER BEING AFFECTED BY HIV OR WORSE WOULD SHE GET THIS NOW AS A RESULT OF HIV IF SHE WERE INFECTED A YEAR AGO...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE????DONATION IS FORTHCOMING SO THAT I CAN HELP... BE WELL - YOU ARE GREAT!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Relax, Shitless-Guy. There is absolutely no reason to get all constipated over this! The vast majority of cases of shingles, even in 30-year olds, have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Insertive unprotected oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. However, since you remain worried about your pre-marital blowjob, why not just get an HIV rapid test? Within 20 minutes, all of your fears will be vanquished by your negative test result.

This would also prevent similar unwarranted worries from resurfacing in the future.

Stop worrying. Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
My Karma brings me here (not question)
Next
come stai dottore?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.