test result reliability with vaccinations

Hello. Thank you for reading this. I can not find a question in the archives that answers this, although my mind has be put at rest a lot concerning bites and their low, low risk. My question concerns my then 3 year old son. He received a nasty bite from another child we do not know. After discussion with my dr, tests were arranged for hep and hiv. A baseline sample was taken at 11 days. By this time my son had a spotty rash on his arms which worried me. He also had a poisonous nail and a tooth abscess within 6 weeks of the bite which I was concerned was due to his immune system struggling. Whilst in the window period for testing, he recieved a flu jab (5-6 weeks) and his second MMR (at about 11 weeks). At 14weeks+3 he tested neg for both infections. My question is, would the flu jab or MMR effect the bloodtest results? Would HIV still be identified at this time amongst the measles/mumps etc put in his body at low doses? Can I relax and move on? Grateful UK Mummy

Hello Mummy,

Yep, you can relax and move on. Neither the "flu jab" nor the MMR would affect HIV or hepatitis blood test results. Your son is fine and dandy.

Cheers,

Read this if you think you have the symptoms
Unrealistic?