Semen dilluted in water, then in contact with penis?

I recently made a huge mistake; I gave in to my sexual desire to engage in sex with another guy. We kissed and I let him suck me off until I came, I wasnt wearing a condom. As soon as I came, he proceeded to masturbate and came on my chest. I wiped what I could visibly see off with a wet towel. About 15 minutes after this, I took a hot shower. My concern is that maybe there was some semen left on my chest and when I took a shower, the water made it come in contact with my urethra and perhaps infected me with HIV. This was the first time Ive engaged in any such activity with another man. Ive been practicing abstinence for the last year until this event. The reason for this question is, today, two days after this event, I have a very mild burning (burning is a stong word) sensation in my penis. Whats my overall risk in this scenario?

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Jim,

Abstinence for the last year!?!?!? And then sexual desire took over (some would say common sense returned) and another abstinence pledge bit the dust. Jim, you have absolutely no idea how often I hear stories like this. Often there is great guilt associated with "giving in" to sexual desire and great worry that there may be catastrophic consequences, such as HIV. So let me start with my personal and professional opinion: sex is normal and healthy. Abstinence for most people is not.

Now on to your question. Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. You cannot contract HIV by taking a shower after some hot dude spunks on your chest. No way. No how!

Jim, I suggest you spend some time reading the information on this site, at related links and in the archives of this forum, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information enlightening and encouraging.

Regarding your mild burning sensation, unprotected oral sex can transmit a variety of STDs. Consequently, if your symptoms are persisting or worsening, see your doctor for an STD screen.

Finally, sexual desire is something to be celebrated and enjoyed (safely, of course), not repressed.

Good luck, Jim.

hiv negative but syphils+
Only a thank you