Do aalergy shots affect hiv test?
Jun 13, 2006
Just have a quick question for you. I recently got tested for hiv with Elisa test. When i was tested, it had been 18 months since my last possible exposure. When I was tested for hiv, i was receiving allergy shots twice a week. 1. Do allergy shots affect test results by causing a false negative? 2. I'm getting ready to get married and i would like to have kids. Do i need to get tested again or should i just move on with my life and not worry??
Please respond. Thanks for everything!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Allergy shots do not affect the accuracy of HIV tests. (And neither do "aalergy" shots, by the way.)
2. No additional HIV tests are recommended or warranted. Moving on with your life would be an excellent idea.
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Protein In Urine A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- How Long After Exposure Does The Hiv Show Up?
- What Does The Standard Hiv Test Detect In Patients?
- Can You Get Hep C By Having Unprotected Sex?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live Without A Host?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.