Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

odds dont seem to stack up
Jun 6, 2006

I had always thought that the odds you give on this web site for hiv conversion (ie 5 in 10000 per insertive vaginal) did not meet the pace that hiv has spread. The last week though with many stories about hiv aids on radio and public television, i can see how it does spread now. An hiv expert on the radio said that in parts of africa it is the norm for married men to carry on 10 to 15 affairs at a time along with their wife. From your time working in Africa did you see that in your experience. I never thought that much F-ing was going in the world. But now i see how the it adds up if people put themselves at that much risk. Keep up the great work educating people about risks in a responsible manner that does not try to use fear to keep people from enjoying sex ie bush. Stay well and saffe, sending you our love

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Oh yes, there is indeed a whole lot o' nookie going on out there.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Do I need PCR test or psychiatrist?
Next
Short and sweet

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.