Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You the Man Doc!!!
Jun 6, 2006

Have learned alot from reading your forum and appreciate all your wisdom. I have taken a test at 6 and 8 weeks. Neg. I had an oral episode and she was a gusher. 2 weeks later felt nausau, 2 days later developed sunburn like rash on chest. Going to take 3 month test. But I have had a sore throat, staph infection, trouble swallowing, body aches. Never had a fever. Most symptoms have only lasted a couple days. I thought most of it was my anxieties. But things aren't always as they seem. Please give me some piece of mind.. Will be sending another donation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Oral sex, gusher or not, carries only a very low risk of HIV transmission. Your six- and eight-week negative tests are encouraging, but not conclusive. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS.

"Piece of mind" will come when you get your definitive three-month negative test and yell WOO-HOO!

Thanks for your donation!

I'm sending my good-luck karma in return.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Mosquito with a great aim
Next
Please Doctor Bob I need your help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.