Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Return of the Fury!!
Jun 5, 2006

Hi doc. I will categorically ignore all of your self aggrandizing comments concerning ethnic heritage and penile splendiforousness... Im so above all of that sillyness. Suffice it to say, your schwartz MAY be bigger than mine... but can u use it?? :P Anyway, I dreamt last night about my testing results... it was wierd, but i woke up thinking oh my god, my immune system has been bombarded this last month during my 12 and 17 week tests... I heard allergies can severely tax your bodys natural defences... thus making it take longer to produce antibodies... I have very very very bad seasonal allergies... I feel like ive been run over by an army of tonka trucks! Can this effect my testing reliability and such... If you have really really bad allergies... can it keep the body from fighting off the virus for a bit longer than average? I know im probably just another hysterical little Hasselhoff clone, but can I help it? I mean we havnt won a war yet...that doesnt garner a whole lot of national confidence does it?

thanks,

Kit was a Man... and oh boy did i love my car! :P

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello again Hysterical Hairy Hasselhoff,

Allergies, no matter how severe, do not affect HIV test results, the ability of the body to make anti-HIV antibodies or the duration of the window period. So whether or not you've been run over by an army of Tonka trucks or beaten senseless with Hasselhoff-sized tiny weenies, your HIV test results remain accurate.

Big fancy powerful cars in this country are often referred to as "prick extenders," so yeah, I can see your love of a car.

Keep smiling. Stop worrying or you'll never become splendiferous. All this needless stress can have a negative impact on cosmic fabulosity as well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Longitundinal studies on magnetic couples
Next
IV drug user with some important questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.