Re. History in the making...A suggestion for your website.

Dr.Bob

Thank you, Please help me if possible.

It's been three months since the incident, which I perceive as a risk. Got tested via Oraquick Advance oral swab rapid test at 10.5, 13.5 and 14 weeks, all negative. I also went to local parish health unit to get complete STD check up and gave blood for HIV 1/2 testing and am waiting on results which will take up to 2.5 weeks. (Isn't government efficient?)

Just to refresh your mind, I was gifted with a lap dance by friends, definitely first and last of my life time. There the lady of the evening kissed me (open mouth) , back then and still now I have a bad habit of peeling dry skin off my lips which causes wounds. I also fondled her breasts. This to my knowledge was risky because of the wounds on the lips and I also brushed before going out for the night.I am not able to accept that these 3 results are negative and still feel I am infected. This is really effecting my marriage. Yes, I did level with my wife.

At the end of april I went back to my country and got vasectomy done. Now, I fear that proper cleaned tools may not have been used for the procedure. I had to go back a week later because of infection. Doctor removed stutures and puss but didn't wash his hands before and after. This is really bothering me. During vasectomy I was under full anesthesia, I preferred local but doctor insisted on full. Should I get tested again at the end of August?

After receiving the 10.5 weeks result and approx 20 mins later at my desk back at work I rubbed my inner eye lid with my thumb. I fear I may have infected myself with some kind of residual of saliva or blood or other fluids on my fingers which I may have picked up from the organization. Should I get tested for this?

After receiving the 14 weeks result from the organisation, on the way back to work I used my fore finger to clean out stuck food between my teeth. I hurt myself on the gums. On the way out I stopped by the front desk to pick a magazine regarding living with HIV. prior to me an HIV + person was reading it, he was waiting on his counselor, I could hear his conversation with his friend. I am thinking I may have infected myself again by this. Should I get tested for this?

While drawing the blood at health unit, I am not sure if the lady used new needle to do so. They had lot of confusion going on. They threw blood sample of an earlier patient by mistake and were wondering what to do. In this commotion I wonder if the lady used fresh needle on me. Their carelessness too is bothering me. Should I get tested for this?

My life is a mess, Marriage is on the rocks, I am depressed all the time, people are noticing this at work and am not able to enjoy or spend time with my kids. I have been suffering for 3 months can't spend another 3 months like this. 2 years ago I ahd a scare like this and I got tested my self for 6 months living in a hell. I thought I would never face such a situation but here I am, again. I thought of getting a DNA PCR test done but decided against it and have donated to your organization. I will be anxioulsy waiting for your CD.

I am a foreigner in this country, I guess you can tell that by my english. I love this country and people here but still can't figure out how did Bush get elected? First time, let's say was a mistake, second time, what happened? I promised to god that I will support atleast 3 HIV + orphan children in my country. It will cost me only $100/month, $1 a day/child, unbelievable compared to USA. I have donated through credit card and hope my information is confidential.

If I am or get infected, I am moving to where ever you are so that you can provide me the health care.

A suggestion, probably you could have a link to donation website from "About the body" web page.

Thanks again for reading through and trying to help a foreigner, worried father and husband.

Hello Worried Father and Husband,

So much worry for such little risk???!!!???? There is no doubt you have a significant medical problem, but it definitely is not HIV! Your post demonstrates considerable anxiety and depression, both very real medical problems for which you should see attention without delay. I'll respond briefly to your individual concerns:

1. Your repeatedly negative OraQuick tests out to 14 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. Your follow-up blood tests for HIV-1/2 will also undoubtedly be negative.

2. Your statement, "I am not able to accept that these 3 results are negative and still feel I am infected," accurately describes your real medical problem. You need psychiatric help to overcome your irrational fears.

3. Should you retest following your vasectomy. No.

4. Should you retest because of residual saliva or blood on your fingers? No.

5. Should you retest following the magazine/tooth picking incident? No.

6. Should you retest because you feel fresh needles might not have been used at the health unit? No.

7. I clearly see why your "life is a mess" and your "marriage is on the rocks." You need to get treatment for your very real medical condition anxiety and depression rather than continue to chase after and worry about a disease you absolutely do not have!

Thank you for your donation! I'm confident your thank-you acknowledgement will arrive (via snail mail) very soon. Yes, all credit card information is secure and confidential.

Although the San Francisco Bay Area is a wonderful place to live, I'm certain you won't have to move here for HIV care! Come for the sunshine instead!

Regarding a link for donations, actually my foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) is a totally separate entity from what happens here at The Body. Consequently, a link would not be appropriate; however, certainly all donations are very warmly appreciated.

Finally, Bush's reelection will definitely do down in history as one of the country's biggest blunders. I certainly can't explain it. The man is a gross ignoramus. That's exactly 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus!

drummer follow up question
woo hoo downunder