drummer follow up question

dear dr bob you told me that a splinter i got that may have had blood on it from a drum stick that someone handed me would not put me at risk for hiv or hcv.

i forgot to mention that this splinter left a red blood clot mark under my skin. if this blood spot is the blood of the person who handed me the stick and its just under the skin would the viruses stay active there possibly to infect me if it ever reached the blood stream due to trauma or anything like that

i know this is wierd but please respond i am a regular donater to your organization and i would really appreciate it. thanks -drummer boy

Hey Drummer Boy,

The new information does not change my opinion or advice.

Since this experience seems to be persistently causing your anxiety, why not just get a rapid test at the three-month mark? The results will be negative and then you'll believe what I've been saying all along. HIV is not your problem! No way. No how.

Rejected blood donation
Re. History in the making...A suggestion for your website.