chopin lover - bob, i am depressed

dr bob, i feel depressed about the possibility of hcv or hiv infection

i have thought back to a couple of incidents that i didnt consider at the time to be a real risk

1) could i be at risk for hiv or hcv if i accidently cut myself with scissors or a nail clipper that someone else has used and potentially bled on? i never thought before of this possible risk but have used peoples nail clippers for my nails and scissors to cut my hair? risk for either hcv or hiv?

2) i had to dig through a trash can in a bathroom when i dropped my keys in there there was a bloody tissue in there and what if i nicked my fingers or hand on somthing in there and didnt realize it - there was a plastic knife i think - what if there was blood on a sharp object? would you classify this as a risk for hcv or hiv?

i feel sad please respond dr bob

all minor key chopin right now -chopin lover

Hello Chopin-Lover,

I see absolutely no risk for HIV or hepatitis C from the activities you describe. Your fears are completely unwarranted. I do believe you are suffering from depression and irrational fear of HIV. I suggest you seek the help of a therapist who can help evaluate and manage your clinical depression. Depression and anxiety are very common medical conditions and readily amenable to proper therapy (counseling and medications).

It's time to modulate into the major keys again!

Asbestos and HIV !!!
Testing...? Should I worry?