What more can I say?

Dr. Bob -

What can I say but Thank You!. After a severe lapse in judgement some months back, I received the all clear from my doctor after 1 month of PEP and 3 months of testing and anxiety. I was very happy and very relieved to say the least. The PEP was difficult, but I'm so glad I did it. To anyone going through the pain of post exposure get PEP if available, stick with it, talk to your doctor, talk to your friends, exercise, EDUCATE yourself, enjoy life and for Gods sake, dont symptom shop! (In addition to convincing myself I was undergoing ARS, I managed to also convince myself I had MRSA and various other ailments ha!)

There was no way that I could have made it through these past months without this site and your kind and encouraging words. In addition, to your providing compassion, warmth and humor (as well as some fatherly discipline), I learned more than I could have ever hoped to know about sex, safe sex, HIV, HIV medicine and living with HIV from you and this site. I have a new found respect and understanding about my HIV + brothers and sisters. Though a difficult chapter in my life has closed, my eyes have been opened in a way that I could have never imagined. A new chapter awaits where I will be proactive in the fight against HIV and AIDS. I learned that life does not end with a + HIV diagnosis. I know plead with anyone who will listen to use protection and enjoy safe sex (as much as you want of it in fact). That being said, the world we live in today is what it is - there are risks involved with sex, even with the utmost in care and using protection. However rare, condoms do break, lapses of judgement do occur, but you can't live your life inside a protective cocoon afraid that something may happen. Life is to be lived and people are to be loved.

Above all else, I have learned that HIV and AIDS is a disease that knows no moral boundaries. It doesnt matter how you did or didnt get HIV, how careful you were or weren't were all in this together and all that matters is that we stick together to defeat this virus - gays, straights, blacks, whites, transgenders, Democrats and (dare I say) Republicans.

I have already made a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS foundation and plan to keep doing so. I plan to get involved in HIV/AIDS causes and charities and to champion political causes that help in the fight of this disease.

And finally, heres to a much more tolerant government come 2008..GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!

I love you Dr. Bob!

Congratulations! And thank you for taking the time to write in and share your newfound wisdom! I couldn't have said it better myself! BRAVO!

Thank you also for your donations (www.concertedeffort.org) and efforts to battle the pandemic!

Stay well. (I'm sure you will.)

stats and such
Please help ease the stress