Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

the3p's
Jun 2, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob, this is the first time here but here it goes.im pregnant, paranoid, and panicking. I am so scared right now. I had sex exactly a yr. ago. i used protection not sure what kind lambskin or latex. it lasted about 2min. he stood up in front of me when he was finised did not see a hole with my eyes but doesnt mean i wasnt there, so i freaked out and my body started having every symptom u could think of but 2mons after that episode i did a home access test and it was neg. i found out that test was to early. so i finally got up enough nerve to have another one six mons. after the first nother home test and it came back neg. Went to the doc. and he told me not to trust home test so that freaked me out even more so i went to the health department and took the oraquick and it was neg. are these test very accurate can i believe them cause now i got a baby on the way and im scared that if they test with the kind of test they do that takes 2weeks to come back that they are going to find something. so pls,pls help me sleep and tell me that those test i took was ok pls. thanx.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello P.P.P.,

The answers to your questions were already waiting for you in the archives. Have a look! Briefly:

1. The Home Access Express Test is FDA approved and its sensitivity and specificity approach 100%, which means it is highly accurate. The doctor who told you otherwise was just plain wrong.

2. OraQuick tests are also very accurate.

3. Your HIV test results are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.

Stop worrying! You are not PPP but rather just a WW. (worried well)

Dr. Bob

Previous
medical school
Next
stats and such

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.