Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm not worried about HIV or STD's--thanks!
Jun 2, 2006

Dr.Bob, your wit and bedside manner are equally as important as your expertise in your responses in the Safe Sex forum. Thank you for your help to me and countless others who come to the Body for help!

I've read the safe sex archives extensively.

The Body is a god send for all sexually active people who need to know the facts about HIV and STD's.

Since my last 6 month STD/HIV screening (all negative) I have only practiced safer sex as defined by one episode of deep kissing and getting a handjob from a woman I've dated.

After that episode, I was paranoid, filled with guilt, worried to death that I'd contracted HIV or some other STD. I visited countless websites, getting more paranoid by the minute. In fact, deep down I DID know that I was being safe, and much of what I read on the body about safe sex is not new information for me--but paranoia and OCD are oh so strong!

The archives have reconfirmed for me that I shouldn't be worried about HIV or any other STD from this very safe intimate contact. I was indeed being safe, so I should just move on and put the money for unnecessary STD testing to better use: a donation is on the way.

More importantly, I've already sent an email to all my friends, family and students (I'm a teacher), asking them to visit the Body, whether they are in a monogamous relationship or not. HIV and safe sex awareness depend on everyone having correct information to use for themselves as well as to pass along to others, not only to stop the spread of HIV and STD's, but to also help prevent debilitating physical and emotional conditions caused by worrying about HIV and STD's.

The people really need more information from informed sources like the Body, to know exactly what the risks are, when to worry and when to just enjoy sex.

It would be great to see this posted and hear your comments. Thank you again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'll gladly post your comments. As for my comments on your comments, I can sum that up in one word: BRAVO!

Thanks for helping to spread HIV/AIDS awareness and education.

For anyone interested in learning about the epidemic, I recommend the recent PBS documentary, "The Age of AIDS." It can be viewed online at the following address:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/

Thanks also for your generous donation!

Stay informed. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Not a question, just a thanks
Next
vaccine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.