Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hola Dr. Sonrisa!!!!!
May 31, 2006

Hola Dr. Sonrisa!!!!!

First of all let me apologize for my English. As you will notice it is not my first language. On the other hand I bet you know what Dr. Sonrisa means, and if not just ask Dr. Sonrisa 2 (he will be able to tell you). Well, it means Dr. Smile and it is not only because of your smile but because of making smile to people in need of some smiles in some difficult moments.

I will be brief (knowing how many emails you receive will be best): Apart from mutual masturbating, kissing, touching I also received oral sex from a sex worker (yes, another oral sex case). I knew there was a risk but you only live once, and actually it is more dangerous to drive 150mph and very often we do, isnt it? Well considering that statistics for oral sex (0.4 in 10,000) and the HIV + sex worker in the city where it happened (2%), my risk is extremely low but real. On the other hand, I took a test at yesterday (5 weeks and 1 day) and came out negative. Encouraging but not conclusive until the 3 months mark.

Now the question: Tomorrow I will go rock climber (in a climbing centre). Even if my risk is so low, I would never like to put others at risk, since while climbing we all end up with small injuries in our hands. I am planning to go, protect my hands, avoid any injuries and in case I have an injury dont let anyone use the same path in some minutes and stop climbing. Does this sound reasonable? Am I been too cautious or should I not climb at all? Note: this is not a door handle; I am talking about grips that we all hold with sometimes injured fingers.

Shit! It became long already. A big hug and an even bigger smile. Thank you

The (bad) climber

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hola Bad Climber,

The chances of your being HIV positive from such minimal risk and with a negative five-week test are nearly nonexistent.

I would say the chances of other climbers being infected by you is far less than the chance they will be hurt by your slipping out of your harness and landing on their heads.

As for driving often at 150 mph, where the hell do you live? On the Indianapolis 500 speedway?

Thanks for the hugs and smiles. I'm sending some your way as well as my good-luck karma that your three-month test is negative and that you don't get caught by a cop doing 150 mph!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I wet my pants!!!!
Next
Carissimo Dottor Roberto

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.