Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

referral sought
May 31, 2006

Dr. Bob, I hope you don't mind me writing with a request that is only indirectly related to HIV. I'd like to ask you if you know of any MDs in general practice in the area around Jacksonville, FL, whom you might recommend for a basic pre-insurance physical. The reason I ask is that I recently had an HIV scare, and though I am negative (home test at 188 days), I would feel better being examined by a doctor who could put my history (and my bisexuality) in the right perspective. In other words a doctor like you. If the stories posted here are any indication, such doctors can be hard to come by. Know anyone?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Most of my friends moved out of Florida when Jeb moved in. It's way too Anita Bryant and Mickey Mouse down there for them.

In light of your bisexuality, perhaps you would be best served by a gay or gay-sensitive physician. I suggest you consult the GLMA (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association) Web site. You can Google them. They have a "find a provider" function that should be able to hook you up with a physician.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Really need your expert guidance
Next
I wet my pants!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.