My docotor has put me at risk - i beg you to respond!
May 31, 2006
hi doc i think my doctor may have put me at risk for hiv or hep C or B
OK so, there was blood that had dripped down her table that i pointed out (dont know hbow long it had been there) then she just rubbed it off with her hand! a few minutes later she was checking out my knee which had a cut on it from being poked with a pin earlier and a pimple that had a dark dot on the top of it and god know what other little abrasians and cuts!
i asked her not to touch the knee but she did with the same hand she had touched the blood with and she never washed her hands!
is this rediculas or what! what should i do! am i at risk!
i am so in shock please respond
- what the heck!
Response from Dr. Frascino
From what you've written, I would agree your doctors "universal precautions to prevent bloodborne illnesses" is not up to code; however, I do not believe you were placed at any significant risk for HIV or hepatitis.
If you remain worried about this incident, you have several options:
1. Go back to your doctor and express your concerns. She will most likely advise you that there was no risk, but she may as well offer to screen you for HIV and hepatitis without charge.
2. Go to another doctor and get screened for HIV and hepatitis. I'm willing to bet the tests will be negative. Personally I do not think screening is necessary; however, the option is always open to you, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Can A Woman Get Vaginal Warts?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.