Scared in the Bible belt....

I just came upon ur site about a week ago...and found myself so blessed by ur site...which ive seen stated many times in ALMOST every letter writte here. I just had a quick question...im a 26 yr old guy who has had oral sex given to me 5 times with in the past 2 yrs. (without any condoms on them) by guys. I have also given oral to 2 of the guys (without a condom on them). In all 5 experiences they have rimmed me. I have no clue about their hiv status or sti status. Im scared to get tested for anything b/c of the chance of people finding out about my sexual practices. Thats why i needed ur advice. i havnt gone farther than this....so here are my questions: (i know u have answered these preveiously....but i feel like i cant even go on anymore...and i need ur reassurance....please) 1) Do u think i need to get tested for hiv... and if so what are my chances that it will be negative? 2) I have not had any symptoms....and my last encounter was about 2 weeks ago....so do i need to get tested for stds? 3)the only thing i have felt is FATIGUE....but im wondering if thats just due to stress and worry.....should i be worried? 4)Do u think it would be okay to take antibiotics just in case i have cought some form of std....i have cipro and amoxicillin....just to be precatious should i take a one time dose of 3g? Or what do u recommend as precautionary dosage? Thank u for taking time out to even read this,...u are a true blessing...and i have been praying for u ever since i came upon this sight. God bless. ps....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer these questions.

Another ever-so-happy, sexually-aware and satisfied person from the Bible belt.

Sure, I'll be more than happy to address your concerns, but it does sadden me to think you are so worried about "people finding out about (your) sexual practices" that you would be willing to compromise your health by not getting tested or seeking medical help when needed. This is a tragic situation. Just for your edification (and that of your oh so tolerant RepubliChristian neighbors), the Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.

OK, on to your questions, repetitive as they may be . . . .

1. Unprotected sex places you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. If you've placed yourself at risk, you should be tested at the three-month mark. Your specific risk is very minimal (unprotected oral). The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive and receptive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures and 1 per 10,000 exposures respectively. Your risk would be much less, as we do not know the status of your partners. (Besides, I doubt they would be positive in that part of the country, because folks rarely have sex there and if someone does contract an STD, isn't he or she usually stoned to death or something like that?) So what are your chances of being negative? Very, very good.

2. Not necessarily; however, if you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, the testing option is always open to you.

3. Yes, I'd be worried about living in a part of the country where you have to be fearful of your being who you are. Why are you letting others restrict your health and/or happiness?

4. Antibiotics should not be taken as a precautionary measure. That is not how they work. You could do more harm than good by taking antibiotics inappropriately.

Thanks for your prayers, but in reality, I think you may need them more than I.

"Symptoms", worrying and guilt : Deadly Combination
Your site is great, wish things were this way in Africa