|re: thank you bob/donation specifics - one more question
May 31, 2006
dear dr bob thank you so much for responding to my question
question one: can i donate annonomysly to your organization or do i need to use my credit card
question two: what if i had someone elses blood under my finger nail (i had to handle a bloody trash can in our bathroom and i dont know how long that blood had been on it) shortly after i stupidly picked my nose adn later i realized that there was some blood in my mucose - my nose also hurt
this means i must have cut the inside of my nose with my long finger nails
if the blood under my finger nails had infected blood ( HIV or HEP C) would i be at risk because i cut myself with them? one of my roomates has hep c by the way! how would this be different from a needle stick?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. All donations, anonymous or otherwise, are greatly appreciated. If you don't want to use a credit card, you can send your donation to our foundation's office with a note attached that states you want to remain anonymous. The foundation will not send any acknowledgement or thank-you letters. But do know you have our sincere appreciation. The foundation's address is:
The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024
2. I would strongly doubt you sustained a significant exposure to HIV or HCV from your nose-picking excavation. Of course, if you are worried, the option to be tested is always open to you. I personally don't feel it's warranted from the situation you describe.
3. How are fingernails different from a needlestick? Hmmm . . . well, when is the last time a doctor or nurse used their Barbra Streisand nails to draw your blood test??? And, um, when's the last time you saw a hypodermic needle show up at your salon for a mani and pedi? Relax, Jen, your worries are unwarranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Take To Develop?
- Std That Causes Chest Pain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.