re: thank you bob/donation specifics - one more question

dear dr bob thank you so much for responding to my question

question one: can i donate annonomysly to your organization or do i need to use my credit card

question two: what if i had someone elses blood under my finger nail (i had to handle a bloody trash can in our bathroom and i dont know how long that blood had been on it) shortly after i stupidly picked my nose adn later i realized that there was some blood in my mucose - my nose also hurt

this means i must have cut the inside of my nose with my long finger nails

if the blood under my finger nails had infected blood ( HIV or HEP C) would i be at risk because i cut myself with them? one of my roomates has hep c by the way! how would this be different from a needle stick?

-jen

You're welcome.

1. All donations, anonymous or otherwise, are greatly appreciated. If you don't want to use a credit card, you can send your donation to our foundation's office with a note attached that states you want to remain anonymous. The foundation will not send any acknowledgement or thank-you letters. But do know you have our sincere appreciation. The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

2. I would strongly doubt you sustained a significant exposure to HIV or HCV from your nose-picking excavation. Of course, if you are worried, the option to be tested is always open to you. I personally don't feel it's warranted from the situation you describe.

3. How are fingernails different from a needlestick? Hmmm . . . well, when is the last time a doctor or nurse used their Barbra Streisand nails to draw your blood test??? And, um, when's the last time you saw a hypodermic needle show up at your salon for a mani and pedi? Relax, Jen, your worries are unwarranted.

Re: Re: Blue Cross
An Oberlin guy to an Oberlin Alum