Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: Re: Blue Cross
May 31, 2006

Hi Dr Bob

I just want to let you know, maybe you can have them put this up on the info part of hte site, about drug and treatment coverage in Ontario. I found this info out when I go myself a majory illness insurance policy, neg myself but you never know about cancer, and they told me they don't cover HIV cause the government does.

For Doctors OHIP covers that in Ontario.

For Drugs Ontario has something call the Trillium Drug program. http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/drugs/trillium.html

The Trillium Drug program is an interesting idea. It's base uppon the idea that providing people with drugs to keep them fit for work costs less then them all going on disability and the government having to pay for everything. Parts of the USA should learn a lesson from this. Just cause people have HIV doesn't make them useless. As Dr Bob proves that notion wrong each and everyday.

Re: blue cross Insurrance Nov 29, 2005

I was supprised that one of your reader said he from Toronto Ontario and needed to get insurrance company to pay his hiv meds. In Canada everyone who's hiv positive and needed to be treated will be pay by health cares Provincial Government and Ontario has a good health cares system. I know because I am Canadian.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

Not only Canada, but other countries as well provide HIV medications to all who need them. Brazil is an excellent example of this.

That we have so many people without health insurance in the U.S. is shameful. That we have HIV-positive folks waiting for government-assistance programs to get their life-sustaining HIV meds is immoral. Tax cuts for the wealthy? No problem! Need your HIV drugs and can't afford them? Too bad. Get in line and wait. It's definitely time for a regime change!!!

Stay well, eh?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Partial WOOO-HOO
Next
re: thank you bob/donation specifics - one more question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.