Re: Re: Blue Cross

Hi Dr Bob

I just want to let you know, maybe you can have them put this up on the info part of hte site, about drug and treatment coverage in Ontario. I found this info out when I go myself a majory illness insurance policy, neg myself but you never know about cancer, and they told me they don't cover HIV cause the government does.

For Doctors OHIP covers that in Ontario.

For Drugs Ontario has something call the Trillium Drug program. http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/drugs/trillium.html

The Trillium Drug program is an interesting idea. It's base uppon the idea that providing people with drugs to keep them fit for work costs less then them all going on disability and the government having to pay for everything. Parts of the USA should learn a lesson from this. Just cause people have HIV doesn't make them useless. As Dr Bob proves that notion wrong each and everyday.

Re: blue cross Insurrance Nov 29, 2005

I was supprised that one of your reader said he from Toronto Ontario and needed to get insurrance company to pay his hiv meds. In Canada everyone who's hiv positive and needed to be treated will be pay by health cares Provincial Government and Ontario has a good health cares system. I know because I am Canadian.

Thanks for the info!

Not only Canada, but other countries as well provide HIV medications to all who need them. Brazil is an excellent example of this.

That we have so many people without health insurance in the U.S. is shameful. That we have HIV-positive folks waiting for government-assistance programs to get their life-sustaining HIV meds is immoral. Tax cuts for the wealthy? No problem! Need your HIV drugs and can't afford them? Too bad. Get in line and wait. It's definitely time for a regime change!!!

Stay well, eh?

Partial WOOO-HOO
re: thank you bob/donation specifics - one more question