cmon doc your reply doesnt stack up

Firstly please dont think im being ungrateful , im not , the fact you answered me at all , well thank you and God bless you.

However you appear to be as dismissive of the possibilities as other docs i have seen but still cant give me an answer that stacks up / makes sense.

I told you that i had multiple neg elisa's out to 2 years and that ive had an undetectable rna pcr at 8 and 16 months but continue to have unexplained illnesses to this day ( i wont bore you with the detail again ).

I asked if its possible that i still havent produced detectable antibodies after 2 years? you said nope, ok.

I then asked you if it was possible that the tests in the UK couldnt detect antibodies because its a strain picked up in China, you said nope, thats not ok !! If the tests pick up antibodies to all strains known and unknown, why is it then that the manufacturers of these tests continue to modify them as new strains are found so they dont miss infections? if current tests picked up antibodies regardless of strains why modify??

I asked you , if i had antibodies to a strain that the elisa couldnt detect, if my body at 8 and 16 months ie the times of the Pcr tests, could by this time be keeping the virus at undetectable levels? you said nope!

Are you sure!! if i had antibodies albeit undetectable because of the strain, couldnt it be possible my immune system could be keeping the viral load at under 50 copies ie undetectable ? or are you saying that without meds, i would definitely have detectable viral load ie over 50 copies at 8 and 16 months?

Do they have to modify PCR tests to accomodate new strains or is the make up of the virus the same regardless of strain and if so always detectable by current rna pcr tests?

Lastly China tells the world nothing about anything, whether the rest of the world could help them or not, anything that may cause a blight on the country ie loss of face wont be shared, thats why im concerned that i may have a strain of hiv from there causing my problems that our tests cant detect.

i would be the happiest guy alive if you could explain to me the answers to the questions bothering me that your last reply doesnt seem to address ie rather than just say nope and leave it there because thats just what the other docs do and while its short term mildly comforting if it doesnt explain why its hard to accept and move on.

Stay well and thanks again. Bob

Apparently the information I provided you is exactly the same as that from the "other docs" you have seen. It is unfortunate that you don't understand or choose to not accept what we are all saying. That you can't seem to accept this information doesn't make the information suspect or untrue. Rather, it just reflects your deep-seated fear of an illness you don't have.

Your multiple negative ELISAs out to two years and undetectable RNA PCRs at 8 and 16 months are definitive, conclusive and excessive. You are HIV negative. How you choose to live with this fact is up to you. If you can't accept our combined and consistent analysis of your HIV status, I suggest you seek psychological help. Spinning fantasies about undetectable strains and undetectable antibodies keeping the virus at undetectable levels on PCR testing will not help. You ask if I am "sure" your hypothetical situation couldn't be true. The answer is a resounding yes. I am absolutely sure. I do not believe delving deeper into the immunological details of how the body's immune response works or the technical details of ELISA and PCR assays will help you. Your fears are unwarranted and irrational. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I urge you to address your very real psychological problems if you are truly desirous of "moving on." We are not being dismissive. We are merely being honest.

Very valid questions
You will totally be donation-licious! (read this one)