Overall tiredness and fatigue

I know you have said only a million times that symptoms do not equal diagnosis. However, sometimes (often) I have such an achiness in my all over body. I feel fatigued, achy and just not well. Nothing shows in my CBC, everything is normal.

I have been feeling really anxious about HIV and HIV tests, and days when I feel bad I just start getting down and feeling unsure.

I am married, but I have had several negative rapid (fingerprick) tests and also two blood draws.

I have two questions..(I KNOW THIS IS REDUNDANT)...

1)Is it possible for this virus to go undetected? 2)Do false negatives occur in HIV testing? 3)Lastly, regardless of the number of unprotected partners I have long as I have tested negative 3 months out since my last exposure (which beside my husband; was years ago), is there a reason for further testing?

Thank you and please include where I can make a donation please. I know it is on here, but I have limited access. Thank you again.

I'll be brief:

1. No, not in cases such as yours.

2. Extremely rarely. In your case, you've had multiple negative tests, thereby effectively ruling out even the slightest chance of a false-negative test.

3. Correct!

Look, Sweetie, simply because you feel wiped out and "not well" doesn't mean you have AIDS, OK? You report "feeling really anxious about HIV." BINGO! There's your problem anxiety, not HIV!

Anxiety is very commonly associated with feeling fatigued and "not well" when the CBC and everything else checks out "normal." I strongly urge you to get psychological counseling to help you confront and cope with your irrational HIV fears and chronic anxiety. Treat the illness you definitely have and stop chasing one you definitely do not have!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need.

Good luck. Do feel better, OK? Remember HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Re: An Oberlin guy to an Oberlin Alum
Re (Follow-up): Indirect exposure to small amount of blood