Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you for answering my question :)
May 27, 2006

Thank you for answering my question at- I think I am a failure at life and need help- what do you think? I really really appreciate it. You are an amazing man not to metion you are very handsome. I just wanted to let you know what's happening now. I got my 6 week results back- negative. But I still don't feel any less stressed. I am still scared to get my 3 month test done in July. I still have aches and pains all over my body. Plus, now I developed a UTI, which I have never had one before and I heard that it's common in women with HIV. That scares me beyond belief. By the way I am a girl, you couldn't tell with my questions.

Yes, I need to go see a therapist like you told me and many other doctors have told me for my anxiety and OCD. I am just praying all will be okay. My biggest goal in life was always to have kids and a family and I feel I might have messed that up if I contracted HIV. Plus, I would love to ride an ostridge, move to Italy, and fly a plane- someday. But thank you for you response. I really appreciate it!!! :)

Also, thanks for the link to donate. I did and I will continue to. :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Have kids and family, move to Italy, fly a plane . . . . Yeah, I can see all those as wonderful plans, but "ride an ostridge" (or even an ostrich), wow, there's an item that doesn't pop up all that often as a life goal. BRAVO for originality. Can I ride too?

Your six-week negative result is very encouraging! Don't stress about your UTI. They are extremely common in women and not related to HIV.

You realize you need to see a therapist. I and "many other doctors" have also advised the same thing. So, what are you waiting for? Get going!!!! Your OCD and anxiety are very real medical problems and are very treatable. They are also what are causing you to feel so terrible at the moment. If you want to ride that ostrich, go see the therapist. It really is just that straightforward. (Why not ride the ostrich to the therapist's office????)

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Oral with a condom? Cold Day in Hell! My sex life is drying up!
Next
Re: An Oberlin guy to an Oberlin Alum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.