Cuts on his fingers...

Dear Doctor Bob

So there he was, all rippling muscles and South African suntan, standing on the beach in Durban and looking at me, yes, me!!!

I guess the stats for heterosexual HIV /Aids in Africa speak for themselves (more than 6% I think for white South Africans?) and at the back of my mind was the knowledge that we should be careful. What I don't know is, were we careful enough?

I don't know this guy's status but he was helluva cute, not at all shy, and seemed pretty adventurous. From your excellent advice I also now realise he was theoretically putting himself at more risk than I was... (although to be fair his knowledge of HIV risk was at least certainly better than Jacob Zuma's!!)...so who knows?

Basically we did a lot of things you describe as low risk in previous postings (touching, rubbing, oral sex (him on me, not the other way around), quite a lot of what I believe is correctly called frottage (?!) , fingering etc. (He did ejaculate but obviously, not inside me). Please excuse the frank language.

It wasn't until the next day I remembered that during dinner the previous evening he'd pointed out a cut/ scrape on his knuckle, which (by that point, about 7pm) had been obviously been bleeding, but had since stopped. Five hours later his fingers were inside me.

I see on the forum a lot of your answers are qualified by the phrase "as long as there are no cuts or sores"...

So i guess my question is, do you believe this is a theoretical, or an actual, risk?

What are the chances? Realistically, would you advise me to get tested?

I'd really appreciate your advice.

Many thanks. I am so impressed by your work on the website.

"Helluva cute . . . all rippling muscles . . . South African suntan . . ." and all you do is send a question??? You could at least have sent a few pictures as well.

Your question is very similar to many others I have responded to. No, not because of your South African stud muffin, but rather worries about paper cuts, scratches, nicks, scrapes, abrasions, contusions, etc. on fingers that ultimately wind up in various orifices. My answer is always the same. Without active bleeding, the risk is really negligible at best; however, since I cannot really evaluate the severity of the skin injury in question over the Internet, I cannot say there is not even a theoretical risk of transmission. Consequently, as I've said so many times before, if you are worried, the option to get a definitive HIV test at the three-month mark is always open to you.

OK, so now I've answered your question. What about those picks of the hottie in (or out of) his Speedo?

its me - chopin lover - i will donate to your org.
Oral with a condom? Cold Day in Hell! My sex life is drying up!