please help me find sanity again

Doctor almost two months ago I had a possible exposure to hiv with a girl i met in a local bar. I am male by the way. She performed oral sex on a friend of mine than directly on me without a condom, during this my penis was scratched during this exchange afterward i had sexual intercourse with the lady with a condom on. Ten days later i had a sore throat which touched off a series of other symptoms over the next six weeks including swollen glands in different places at different points, dry mouth for 2 weeks, a sore tongue, and a few apthous ulcers at different points, and last night for the first time in my life a mild night sweat. I was tested at the six week mark and it came back negative. Also as an added bonus about four weeks ago i was exposed to the blood of an inmate after i had received scratches while trying to subdue him at a correctional facility i work at it was the day after this that my glands started to swell. p.s. my normal body temp always seemed to be around 36 degrees celcius but over this period it seems to fluctuate between 36 and 37. My questions;1: are how accurate is a six week test, i have heard new generation antibody tests are pretty accurate at that stage, i am in canada and dont know what generation test they use. 2: can all the symptoms above be anything but hiv. 3:finally on to of my six week test i went to buffalo for a pcr as it is not offered here it came back negative but i am having trouble with the internet based company that sent me to the lab to get the tests they dont seem to want to send me documentation of my results. do you think it could have been a scam. Thank you your sight is the only thing that has helped me maintain any level of sanity over this time period.And i promise a donation for an answer to hopefully bring me some good karma. Thanks and bye.

I'll be brief. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission, even with a scratched tallywhacker. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV ARS. I should also point out swollen glands the day after a potential exposure (correctional facility) would not be related to HIV transmission. Symptoms take weeks to show up. Temperature fluctuations between 36 and 37 degrees are not considered a significant fever.

Now on to your specific questions:

1. Your six-week negative HIV test is very encouraging, but not definitive or conclusive. You still need the three-month test.

2. Yes, and most likely they are!

3. I have no way of knowing if you were scammed or not. Either way, I do not recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, cost and other technical reasons you can read about in the archives.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Try not to worry. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not acquire HIV from either of your two potential exposures.

Good-luck karma is on its way!

Good luck. Stay well.

chimps and needles
Don't worry be testy