Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex and Tanning
May 26, 2006

Dr. Frascino: I feel kind of silly asking this question. I did check your other postings and did not find anything similar to my question I am about to ask. I am a 30 year old female and I do tan in a tanning bed from May to August yearly. This year I noticed my sexual drive is way up I want it all the time since I have started tanning (about a week after tanning with the sexual drive). I am using a different tanning lotion called Passions and I checked the back of the bottle for any sexual info. Of course nothing listed. What I would like to know can tanning beds do something to your sexual drive? I am not complaining and by no means is my husband complaining.Just kind of curious what tanning beds can do to you sexually? Thank you for your time.

Very High Sex Drive

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tanned Nympho,

Dearie, I know this sometimes seems like "the sex channel," but it's actually an HIV/AIDS information site. Therefore, I really can't address everyone's sexual quandaries and fantasies unless there is an HIV-related tie-in, OK? However, I will briefly answer your question if you'll answer mine. Deal? Tanning beds do not affect your sex drive. My question is where can we buy some of that "Passions" tanning lotion stuff???

Stay well. Stay sexy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr.Bob,Good wish to you
Next
4weeks - pcr at 899 copies contd . 84 days later , Antibody negative

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.