Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Was I safe? Can make a donation
May 25, 2006

First off I would like to say that I recently discovered your site and this is awesome what your doing. I would like to mail a donation to you for the wonderful work you do here. One evening i managed to stick the palm of my hand with a sharp object. This left a pen point sized cut in my palm of my left hand that had very little bleeding. I washed my hand right after the cut. 15 hours later I gave a handjob with my right hand to another man of unknown hiv status. I had a laytex glove on the hand that I was using. The man did not ejaculate, however I noticed one spot of precum on the palm of the laytex glove. I grabbed the bottom of the glove around my wrist with my left hand and removed the glove. I had forgotten about the small cut that occured 15 hours earlier to the palm of my left hand. I did not notice if any of that drop of precum from the glove got to the palm area on my left hand. There was no obvious bleeding from that area at the time of the hand job. What are my odds of being infected with hiv from this encounter? I know you cannot say exactly without seeing the small cut but on average should a pen hole sized cut heal or scab over after 15 hours? If somehow that small drop of precum on the glove got to that area on my other hand are the odds in my favor that the small cut would be healed after 15 hours? please help!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. What are the chances of your acquiring HIV from this encounter? Exactly zero, zip, zilch, nada!

2. Yep.

3. Yep.

Relax, Dude, HIV is not your problem No way. No how.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Indeterminate WB - Confused
Next
Re: An Oberlin guy to an Oberlin Alum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.