Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks - No Reply Needed
May 24, 2006

Dr. B...just wanted to say thanks for answering my HPV questions. We have asked her doctor and she has been helpful...but unwilling to give much of a definitive answer on why she wants to see her in 6 months. The doctor tends to be a little overanxious, which is a good thing. The short answer is they probably just want to make sure the cells don't develop into "abnormal" cells. As I lvoe her dearly, I just don't want it to develop into cervical cancer...and I want to take all the necessary steps to keep her healthy. However, I know that is the doc's goal too...and the pap is very successful in its detection:)

No need to reply just wanted to say thanks as usual...I am still inspired by your work and you give hope to so many!

Thanks, Jeremy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Jeremy,

Glad you were able to get the information you needed. The six-month follow-up sounds perfectly reasonable to me, particularly if she's erring on the being-overly-cautious side!

Stay well, Jeremy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is the truth the best way to deal with AIDS?
Next
Ejaculation on chest

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.