woried about wife

Hi Dr. Bob,

Deply troubled again. I appologize for my last question, I have been a bit on edge and irrational of late. I do have a question I was hoping you could help me with. Since my possible contact date, my wife and I have had unprotected sex ~ 4 times. I did not know that during this period an infected individual would be highly contagious. We are now having protected sex. I am worried about some symptoms she has displayed however and even though the odds of infection are low for both of us ("neg to non existent" for me and unprotected insertion for her) I am terrified that I had infected her. At about 4 weeks after our first contact she complained of extreme fatigue for a few days - no fever. At 8 weeks she told me she may have a yeast infection but she then said that the symptoms did not continue. Most recently a few days later she complained of a sore throat (mild) which went away the next day. She has not been feverish or seemed to have any other symptoms other than a sore tooth just over the jaw gland and random fatigue. As for myself I have had no symptoms at 10 weeks and tested negative at 8. I will retest at 12 weeks. My questions are - Does it seem like my wife is displaying symptoms of early infection? Do yeast infections happen this early or are they usually later as the disease progresses. My worst fear is that she is converting early and I am late. Please let me know what you think, you answer would me very much appreciated.

Thanks again for all you help you have my word I will gladly return the support you have provided me during this difficult time and hope it will help others.

No apology needed; however, I do agree with your assessment of being "a bit on edge and irrational of late."

I'll be brief:

1. If your risk is "negligible to nonexistent," then your wife's has to be even less than that! That means her risk doesn't even register on the worry-radar screen!

2. Your negative eight-week test is extremely encouraging and gives additional reassurance that your definitive three-month test will also be negative.

3. Is your wife displaying symptoms of early HIV infection? No. Of course not.

4. Yeast infections are very common events. The vast majority of yeast infections have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

5. What do I think of your fear that you are converting late and your wife is converting early? I think you are "a bit on edge and irrational of late."

Your fears are unwarranted. I'm more than confident that both you and your wife will test definitively negative at the three-month mark.

Super Music Group! Life Changing Experience
ummm