wish you covered other stds

Hi Doc, God, I love your wit and hilarious sense of humor when it comes to kids who are ok but terrified. Anyway, I so wish there were boards like this for all stds. Like Hep B. I was with a massage prostitute and I licked and kissed buttocks but not butt hole yuck. I worry about Hep C.I was vaccinated against HeP B 10 years ago and I think I still have "memory" antibodies if not detectable anti-bodies. Is there a vaccine for hep c? Will the Giants win the next super bowl? You're a funny funny man and I'd bet you'd be a blast to party with and hang out:)

Hey there,

Actually, although this forum is primarily related to HIV, I will certainly discuss other STDs as well, because if someone has an STD or puts themselves at risk for one, chances are they are also at risk for HIV. So I can (and often do) discuss other STDs. Syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, chlamydia and all sorts of other nasties frequently make appearances in this forum. Check the archives. I've covered some issues related to hepatitis A, B and C, but not quite as often, because The Body has a whole expert forum dedicated to that. Check it out!

Regarding your ass-kissing massage experience, since you stayed away from the "yuck," it does not appear that you "rimmed" your partner. Consequently, I do not believe there was any chance for a hepatitis exposure.

Regarding hepatitis C, no, there is no vaccine yet. However, there are vaccines for both hepatitis A and B.

Regarding your hepatitis B vaccine 10 years ago, chances are it is still providing active immunity. Your doctor can run a blood test to evaluate this, if necessary.

Will the Giants win the next Super Bowl? Gosh, I have no idea. I hardly ever attend ice hockey matches (lol).

Finally, yes, I do tend to enjoy life to the max, but I must admit I'm reluctant to "hang out" in public. I prefer to keep him tucked into my jeans well, at least until I get home. Remember I'm Italian so people would notice something like that in public.

Stay well; keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

infecting
Thank you so much!