Your telling me I have to wait 3 MONTHS???

Accoring to you Dr. Bob, the 3 month test is the only one to take. Then tell me how I'm supposed to get through the next day, the week the next 2 months while experiencing many of the ARS Symptoms (sore throat for over 3 weeks, burning, dry mouth, dry cough, night sweats, yeast infection, mushcle aches--you name it after several unprotected sex encounters with a man with unknown HIV status!!!! I'm am going out of my mind. There is NO WAY I can get through this having HIV symptoms, but not being able to do a single test!!!!

You can take as many tests as you want, whenever you want. What I said was HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive. (Therefore, I don't recommend taking them.)

I have also said that "symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease."

Finally, perhaps the most important thing I've said is that if you want to avoid all this unnecessary angst and worry, don't have unprotected sex! A simple thin sheath of latex would have completely prevented your three-months of worried-well hell!

So, how do you get through the three months of window "pains?" I suggest:

1. Read the entire archives of this forum. That should take at least three months, probably longer. The information there should be both enlightening and encouraging to you.

2. Why not volunteer some of your time to others in desperate need. Visit an AIDS hospice or a children's cancer ward or read to those who are blind. If these activities are too gut-wrenching for you, why not spend time volunteering at the training center for guide dogs for the blind? There you can help train the puppies. Another idea is to do health-related fun runs and walks. Just pick your cause breast cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, AIDS, etc. Another idea is to learn about safer-sex techniques and then promote the information in local schools, churches, etc. This might help someone else avoid what you are currently going through. These are just a few ideas. I'm sure you get the idea.

PREGNANT AND ABOUT TO COMMIT SUICIDE....HELP!
Scared Dad - Oral White Streaks - Testing Question