Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried Sick. Symptoms and HIV Testing. PLEASE ANSWER.
May 22, 2006

I written many times, never to be responded to. I realize you are busy, but please answer my question today and I promise I won't bother you any more.

I have done one stupid sexual thing in my life, and I am still regretting it. I am in my 20's.

I gave unprotected oral sex to another man 6 months ago (180 days) who I did not know. He did not cum in my mouth, but precum did come into contact with my tongue. I was HIV and other STD tested at a public health clinic at the 145 day mark (about 5 months). The EIA was Negative, as were all other tests. I wish I could stop worrying, but I have these symptoms. Here they are:

1. I have what looks like a geographic tongue in the front and middle, with thick yellow coating with red dots in the very back.

2. I have very sore muscles in my legs. I also get tingling sensations in my legs and hands from time to time.

3. My legs have developed some sores (on my left leg mostly).

4. I have diarrhea frequently.

5. I have had ezcema on my hands for a long time, but now I notice some marks on my face, that bleed when I shave.

Do these symptoms sound worrisome for HIV? Should I be tested again now that it is 6 months?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Your negative EIA at five months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further testing is recommended or warranted.

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet; however, I can tell you what's not causing them: it's not HIV. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time.

Yell WOO-HOO! One thing you definitely don't have to worry about is HIV!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is it a republican conspiracy?
Next
He is negative, I am positive. Already donated

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.