Dr Bob, Dubya, CDC, and Paypal Guy!

Hi Dr Bob, You can post this if you'd like or you may e-mail me directly, I have a question, you may recall, I feel that through your responses over the past 4-5 months that I have truly come to know and admire you!! You have been there for me, and so many people who are ill, worried they are ill or sometimes it would seem, even wishing or expecting to be ill. anyways on to my point and questions, I want to begin donating to your foundation on a regular basis!!, please e-mail me with the exact address and who to make the check out to, I truly do wish to touch some lives!! My questions, why is the CDC number not Nation HIV/AIDS hotline anymore??? or is that just another way that Bush and the republicans have found to mess things up some more! Also, you really should consider setting your foundation up to accept Paypal, I truly believe that you and so many in need, are missing out on a massive stream of revenue, It is so easy to receive and send payments in this way. Also, it is impulsive, for example, if you had a please donate Paypal icon on your forums or webpage, the contributions would come pouring in!!, I promise!! OK!!! I urge you to look into the matter, I'll even send you info on how to get set up w/ paypal if you'd like? And last thind, I do not know if you remember, so I'll be brief, I would like to know if I have made you proud by giving my friend correct HIV info? Initially I told him he cannot rely on his friends test to determine his status, I later discovered that he did indeed see her elisa test which was negative, it was dated 11/12/05 and the last time he had unprotected sex with her was on 4/20/04, based on that info, I told him that it would be impossible for him to have EVER been infected with HIV from her! Correct?? Love ya, Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome back to the forum.

1. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We accept credit cards (secure site), direct wire transfers, check, cash, gold teeth, etc. You can also establish a regular monthly, quarterly or whatever interval you want donation by calling the Foundation's office at 650-917-1357. For checks and snail mail, please use the following address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

2. Who can tell what the hell is happening at any governmental agency these days? When it comes to things the Boy King and his sidekick, The Evil Prince of Halliburton, can muck up, the sky's the limit. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, their environmental policies already have mucked up (literally) the sky as well! The CDC's anti-science attitude won't change until we change the Bushies. Everyone must remember to vote and vote wisely this time!

3. We looked at PayPal a while back, but it costs some money to set up and operate. Any and all operating expenses are overhead that subtract from how much we have to battle the pandemic. If, however, as you suggest, the expense increases the net amount our foundation has to accomplish its mission, then it would indeed be worth the initial outlay and ongoing fees. I'll ask our board to look into it once again, OK? Thanks for your input!

4. Correct! Yes, you did indeed provide accurate information to your buddy. The wisest thing you said to him remains the statement that he cannot rely on his friend's tests to determine his status. If someone places himself at risk, he should get tested at the three-month mark. That's the easiest and most foolproof rule to follow.

Love you too, Michael.

Positive and Negative Relationship and risks of Safer Sex
Just sent my donation! Please let me Woo Hoo