The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woo Hooed and then...

May 19, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob,

I'm 44 years old and I've been reading your forums here at The Body for a few years now. In 1999 I had a safe sex encounter with a woman of unknown status who I met snowed in at an airport hotel. Afterwards, I realized that I had paper cut on a finger from earlier that day that did come into contact with her vaginal fluids. I had symptoms a couple of years later like feeling warm but body temp around 97.1, floaters, achy muscles, sore tongue, constant ear ringing and blotchy foearms. I was very nervious about having contracted hiv and after reading through The Body, got the courage up to be tested. In March 2004, I tested with Home Access and was negative and so I woo hooed!

A month ago, my girlfriend had symptoms of ARS; rash, headache, swollen nodes and fever. My symptoms pesist today but mildly and they were really always mild. Do you think more testing for me is warrented?

A donation is on the way!

Overly concerned.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Overly Concerned,

Your negative HIV test five years after your snowed-in shag-a-thon is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. No additional HIV testing is warranted. If your girlfriend does have HIV, she didn't get it from you! (I strongly doubt she does, by the way.)

So, do I think you have HIV? Nope. I'm quite sure you are just living up to your moniker, "overly concerned"!

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

do i need a therapist or an hiv test ??!?!?!?!
should I worry, donation already made

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint