Simple Question, asking for simple answer
May 18, 2006
* High Risk Exposure, insertive sex w/o protection w/ high risk person * 3 negative Elisa tests 6, 14 and 23 weeks. *After last Elisa Symptoms persist. Is it warranted to get one more Elisa test at 26 weeks to be sure, or is the 23 week mark a worthy WoooHoooo
Please help an idiot in need
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Idiot in Need,
Actually, I would have certified you as WOO-HOO-able after your negative 14-week ELISA. The negative 23-week test merely corroborates what we (or at least I) knew at week 14 that you are HIV negative!
Now you can change your name from "Idiot in Need" to "One Lucky SOB."
Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Can You Do To Clear Hpv?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- Things That Get Mistaken For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.