A thank you and other thoughts

Dear Dr. Bob

I posted a question a few weeks back and didn't get a response, but that's ok. I realize that you would have responded to me like almost anyone else who is a chronic worrier... that is to say, that I continuously worry about having something but have yet to get tested. I realize that "symptoms don't equal HIV" especially after I had a scare last fall during which I was CONVINCED I had it (imagined symptoms and could have sworn I had it!!) and a test confirmed I did not. This time around I think the risk was greater, but I refuse to become paralyzed in worry (thanks to your many words of wisdom) and will test to confirm my status.

As for all else, I truly appreciate your comments and advice, and the time you put in to replying to postings. I read other people's postings and realize that I am not alone in my "worry-well hell"... And on a sidenote, I just love the fact that you speak French (I do too) and that you are a fellow lefty awaiting the elections of 2008 so that Bush returns to his Texas ranch and cowboy way of life.

Thanks for all the advice you post. Bonne journée et bonne continuation.

Welcome back to the Forum and thank you for your kind words.

Worried-Well-Hell is an extremely crowded and uncomfortable place!!! However, with a little courage to get tested and common sense to play safely in the future, folks can relocate quickly to the much more desirable "X-Files Heaven" (Ex-Worried Well Heaven).

Et la langue française, oui, ça c'est formidable. Je suis d'accord. Et Dubya, c'est toujours les plus cons qui se prennent pas pour de la petite merde !

Bisettes et Crêpes Suzettes !

Some words of thanks
Simple Question, asking for simple answer