Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A thank you and other thoughts
May 18, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob

I posted a question a few weeks back and didn't get a response, but that's ok. I realize that you would have responded to me like almost anyone else who is a chronic worrier... that is to say, that I continuously worry about having something but have yet to get tested. I realize that "symptoms don't equal HIV" especially after I had a scare last fall during which I was CONVINCED I had it (imagined symptoms and could have sworn I had it!!) and a test confirmed I did not. This time around I think the risk was greater, but I refuse to become paralyzed in worry (thanks to your many words of wisdom) and will test to confirm my status.

As for all else, I truly appreciate your comments and advice, and the time you put in to replying to postings. I read other people's postings and realize that I am not alone in my "worry-well hell"... And on a sidenote, I just love the fact that you speak French (I do too) and that you are a fellow lefty awaiting the elections of 2008 so that Bush returns to his Texas ranch and cowboy way of life.

Thanks for all the advice you post. Bonne journée et bonne continuation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Welcome back to the Forum and thank you for your kind words.

Worried-Well-Hell is an extremely crowded and uncomfortable place!!! However, with a little courage to get tested and common sense to play safely in the future, folks can relocate quickly to the much more desirable "X-Files Heaven" (Ex-Worried Well Heaven).

Et la langue française, oui, ça c'est formidable. Je suis d'accord. Et Dubya, c'est toujours les plus cons qui se prennent pas pour de la petite merde !

Bisettes et Crêpes Suzettes !

Dr. Bob

Previous
Some words of thanks
Next
Simple Question, asking for simple answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.