Unprotected oral question--already donated

Hello Dr Bob, as my name suggests, I did something stupid and have been overcome by fear of HIV and guilt. I have just now contributed $ 100 to your noble efforts. Here is my story:

Tonight I went to a massage parlor, got a tbale shower, massage, no worry with that. However, at the end of the massage, I asked for a handjob (trying to be cautious). The woman got a bit enthusiastic and licked the shaft of my penis and my balls and the area below for about 2-3 minutes. She did not actually suck the head of the penis, just licked (with saliva) the shaft and the balls,etc. At the end of this she gave the tip of my penis just one single lick and then proceeded with the handjob. Now I have been overcome with guilt and I am also panicking about being infected with HIV.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to be infected with HIV this way? I am not sure, but could any of her saliva enter through my urethra and infect me? It was a small lick, hardly much saliva and within 30 seconds she used her hand for the handjob. What are the chances? Since she had already used saliva to lubricate the shaft, I am more worried some of that might have gone in with the rubbing.

2. Any risk from licking my balls? I don't think so, but what if I have microscopic cuts or abrasions on the scrotum? Can the salive enter my bloodstream through those?

3. Risk of any other STD's?

4. Should I test for HIV in 3 months?

Please help, going nuts right now.

Thanks, Dave.

Hello Dave,

"As my name suggests, I did something stupid and have been overcome by fear of HIV and guilt."???? Hmmm . . . I never knew the name Dave suggested all that!

1. Dave, your HIV risk is negligible to nonexistent! Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission and you had just "one single lick." That hardly qualifies for oral sex! Masturbation is not considered a risk for HIV transmission.

2. HIV cannot permeate intact skin so you don't have to worry about the shaft and balls action. Why would you have "microscopic cuts" on your ball sack?

3. Your overall risk of contracting any STD from the activity you describe is negligible. If you're worried, your physician can evaluate any symptoms or perform routine STD screening; however, personally, I don't feel it's warranted from the information you provided.

4. The only reason to get an HIV test would be to calm your fears. A three-month test would certainly give you a definitive result, which, from what you described, would undoubtedly be negative. However, testing may indeed be the most efficient and effective way to permanently put your worries to rest. For that reason alone testing may well be worth the effort.

Dave, I believe your fears are unwarranted and exacerbated by your guilt. Counseling might help you confront these issues.

Thank you for your very generous donation! In return, I'm sending my very best good-luck/good-health karma, OK?

Be well. Stay well, Dave.

WOO-HOOO! to hell??
RE: HAPPY WINDOW PERIOD